Tuesday, July 14, 2015

#124 Cocktail: French Connection

   Of course that today, being the France Day and by coincidence I am at letter F, I did a cocktail related to France.
   The drink is very simple, made only with 2 ingredients ( brandy and Grand Marnier) but in the same time, even if it sounds like it is really strong not having any juice or liqueur, it is not. I think that in this simple combination, the Grand Marnier plays the role  of the sweet part.
    There are 2 cocktails in the book that are called French Connection and they both use the same ingredients. The only difference is that one is a simple cocktail made in the old-fashioned glass and the other one is a cobbler, made in a wine glass filled with crushed ice.
     I chose to make the second one, because it gives me the freedom to use any garnish I want. The other one doesn't have any garnish and it will look too boring. So enjoy!

3 ounces Brandy or Cognac
1 ounce Grand Marnier


No comments:

Post a Comment